PREETZ 1921 "Hobo w/Red Ladies' Shoes" complete Notgeld Germany
The dark gallows humor here really reflects the post-WWI times in Germany, formerly rich and now poor, perhaps more poignantly than any other note. The complaint emblazoned here - "Ick will dat Schnauzen leern" - has a bit of double meaning, as in 'I could teach complaining' (one translation I found online). But the expression "die Schnauze voll haben" (to have one's snout full) means to be fed up, and the verb here, leeren, actually means to empty (as well as being a phonetic spelling of lehren, as in the above meaning). Thus it could also be taken as 'I'd like to empty that snout [of yours]' - as in, if you think you have something to complain about, I'll teach you to complain.
- All notes guaranteed genuine. You will receive exactly the notes in the photos.
- US SHIPPING (USPS w/tracking) $2.50 for unlimited items; Free shipping on orders over $50.00
- International Shipping - my apologies for the 110%+ USPS increase in international rates:
- $13.50: Unlimited shipping with tracking to Australia, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Israel, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey
- $30.00: All Other Countries: Unlimited shipping with tracking
- $2.50: At BUYER'S RISK! For Bitcoin payment only, worldwide unlimited shipping (no tracking) is $2.50 for all countries. New to Bitcoin? Click here to get $10 free w/$100 in Bitcoin from Coinbase.
- Items may be returned within 7 days in original condition, buyer pays return shipping.