LANGELN 1921 "Gold Christmas Series" Elves/Dwarves Brothers Grimm Notgeld German
This beautiful Christmas series is difficult to photograph because of the metallic gold ink that adorns both sides of these nearly 95-year old German Notgeld banknotes. But when seen up close, it is quite a sight to behold. The notes all have very low serial numbers ending in "95", many of which are matching: two of the notes have #0295, three have #0395, and one is #0495.
The Brothers Grimm story Die Sterntaler ("The Star Dollars") is featured on the 25 Pfennig note. In the story, a poor young girl has nothing but a piece of bread and the clothes on her back, but she gives everything she has away to the poor people she meets. Once she has given everything away and stands naked and hungry, the stars in the sky turn into silver dollars and rain down upon her, and she finds herself outfitted with a beautiful new dress, just as it shows on the note.
The set abounds with elves, Christmas trees and beautiful 1920s art. An incredible collectible gift!
CONDITION: AUNC, see photos
- All notes guaranteed genuine. You will receive exactly the notes in the photos.
- US SHIPPING (USPS w/tracking) $2.50 for unlimited items; Free shipping on orders over $50.00
- International Shipping - my apologies for the 110%+ USPS increase in international rates:
- $13.50: Unlimited shipping with tracking to Australia, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Israel, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey
- $30.00: All Other Countries: Unlimited shipping with tracking
- $2.50: At BUYER'S RISK! For Bitcoin payment only, worldwide unlimited shipping (no tracking) is $2.50 for all countries. New to Bitcoin? Click here to get $10 free w/$100 in Bitcoin from Coinbase.
- Items may be returned within 7 days in original condition, buyer pays return shipping.