BENNECKENSTEIN 1921 "Am I a Stone?" complete + RARE Robert Ball envelope! German Notgeld
These notes tell the quite humorous legend of how the town got its name. There was once an old woman who, tired from traveling with a heavy burden through the woods, crouched down to rest. A hunter came along and, thinking she was a stone on which he could rest, sat down on her. Upset, she woke up and asked him (in dialect): "Benn eck en Stein?" (Bin ich ein Stein? - "Am I a stone?"). As the hunter didn't understand her dialect, he thought that was the name of the town, and it stuck!
CONDITION: notes AU/UNC, envelope is in exceptional condition
- All notes guaranteed genuine. You will receive exactly the notes in the photos.
- US SHIPPING (USPS w/tracking) $2.50 for unlimited items; Free shipping on orders over $50.00
- Items may be returned within 7 days in original condition, buyer pays return shipping.
- International Shipping:
- $12.50: USPS First Class Package, unlimited shipping with tracking to Australia, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Israel, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey
- $30.00: All Other Countries: Unlimited shipping with tracking
- Important notes regarding international shipping:
- Customs fees may arise when I ship directly, Ebay's Global Shipping Program rates often end up being much cheaper for countries like the UK with high customs fees.
- All Paypal/credit card orders require tracking/delivery confirmation. Shipping without tracking (plain envelope) at buyer's risk available only with international money order, Bitcoin or other major cryptocurrencies for $2.50 worldwide.
- I cannot mark items as gifts or otherwise falsify customs information.