BAMBERG 1923 "Inflation Poem" 100 Billion Mark Inflation Notgeld German Banknote
What an amazing document of the poverty the massive Weimar inflation brought. I've translated the poem for your enjoyment:
The thousands we have long overcome,
the millions we've left in the dust,
they only cleared the field for the billions,
now the trillion is our primary means of payment.
So do the zeroes now control our life,
and truly, we Germans very fervently strive,
that from the zero-point, at which it's arrived,
the [German] empire, terminally ill, will rise. - F. Soergel
The illustration below the poem is also quite illustrative of the same point, the poor guy holding his head on the barren land is next to a bottle that says "Medicine - Goldmark - 2X daily".
CONDITION: circulated but nice
- All notes guaranteed genuine. You will receive exactly the notes in the photos.
- US SHIPPING (USPS w/tracking) $2.50 for unlimited items; Free shipping on orders over $50.00
- Items may be returned within 7 days in original condition, buyer pays return shipping.
- International Shipping:
- $12.50: USPS First Class Package, unlimited shipping with tracking to Australia, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Israel, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey
- $30.00: All Other Countries: Unlimited shipping with tracking
- Important notes regarding international shipping:
- Customs fees may arise when I ship directly, Ebay's Global Shipping Program rates often end up being much cheaper for countries like the UK with high customs fees.
- All Paypal/credit card orders require tracking/delivery confirmation. Shipping without tracking (plain envelope) at buyer's risk available only with international money order, Bitcoin or other major cryptocurrencies for $2.50 worldwide.
- I cannot mark items as gifts or otherwise falsify customs information.