BAD NEUENAHR 1922 "Magical Hot Springs" rare complete series German Notgeld
Bad Neuenahr is located in a mountainous region known as the Eifel range, and the effects like offgassing and hot springs from the Volcanic Eifel near Bad Neuenahr are signs that this region is still volcanically active. Bad Neuenahr is best known, however, as the site of the Apollinaris spring from which the very popular sodium-rich brand of mineral water of the same name is bottled.
I've translated the notes (order follows the picture first left-to-right and then down):
50 Pf: Vulcan creates in hot labor the Eifel mountains' fiery spray
50 Pf: The hearth died out, the old man rests
1 Mark: And everything sick is truly healed, by the magical spring in Neuenahr.
1 Mark: You see, astonished, a steaming, fizzing hot spring rushing toward the light
2 Mark: The Royal [Landskron] Guard looks into the land, may God's hand protect the Ahr valley
2 Mark: Let the mineral water and wine delight your palate and no little ailment [Zipperlein - also meant 'gout'] will nip you
- All notes guaranteed genuine. You will receive exactly the notes in the photos.
- US SHIPPING (USPS w/tracking) $2.50 for unlimited items; Free shipping on orders over $50.00
- Items may be returned within 7 days in original condition, buyer pays return shipping.
- International Shipping:
- $12.50: USPS First Class Package, unlimited shipping with tracking to Australia, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Israel, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey
- $30.00: All Other Countries: Unlimited shipping with tracking
- Important notes regarding international shipping:
- Customs fees may arise when I ship directly, Ebay's Global Shipping Program rates often end up being much cheaper for countries like the UK with high customs fees.
- All Paypal/credit card orders require tracking/delivery confirmation. Shipping without tracking (plain envelope) at buyer's risk available only with international money order, Bitcoin or other major cryptocurrencies for $2.50 worldwide.
- I cannot mark items as gifts or otherwise falsify customs information.